Caminos del Inka, Inc., a not-for-profit organization, has been created to discover, preserve, expand and disseminate the rich musical legacy of the Americas through cultural and musical research, composition, publication, performance, education and outreach.
It is an effort to unearth forgotten artistic treasures, combine them with classical repertoire and commission new music from this region, thereby introducing fresh sounds to concertgoers in the U.S. and throughout the world.
Caminos del Inka, Inc. pursues these goals by:
- Conducting historical, musicological, and audiovisual research;
- Commissioning original compositions and transcriptions of existing music;
- Publishing this music in various media to share it with broader audiences;
- Contextualizing the music with photography, videography and choreography; and
- Presenting dynamic, historically-informed performances that educate audiences of all ages.